Euclid Systems Expands Portfolio for Proactive Myopia Management with New Euclid MAX
The next-generation of Ortho-K delivers outstanding material characteristics with proven lens designs.
Euclid Systems Corporation, a global leader in advanced orthokeratology and proactive myopia management, today announced the United States launch of the latest breakthrough in overnight orthokeratology, Euclid MAX. With decades of experience developing proprietary Ortho-K algorithms and over two million lenses on eyes, Euclid again leads the way with innovative technology that delivers the best of both worlds—outstanding material characteristics with proven Euclid designs.
Used in children and adult patients with progressive myopia (nearsightedness), but especially children, Ortho-K contact lenses gently reshape the cornea to manage myopia while the patient sleeps. This technology is especially important today with almost 5 billion people expected to have myopia by 2050,1 which would make it the leading cause of blindness worldwide.3 If left untreated, myopia significantly increases the risk of more serious ocular conditions including glaucoma, cataracts, and retinal disease.3-5
“Euclid MAX is the next generation of Ortho-K,”
explains Euclid Systems CEO Joseph Boorady.
“Building on Euclid’s proprietary lens designs, Euclid MAX features an innovative material with a Hyper Dk of 180, the highest of any US overnight Ortho-K brand, without the compromise of lens stability. This is especially important with young healthy eyes in the closed eye environment. We are very proud and excited to introduce this combination of outstanding material characteristics and proven lens designs, which will help more patients successfully manage their myopia.”
Following US FDA approval, Euclid gave early access to Euclid MAX to a limited group of optometrists spread across the country over the last few months to get real-world clinical experience on patients’ eyes. In a survey of this early access group who had experience fitting the lens, 100% of the respondents replied they would consider recommending Euclid MAX to their next patient.6
“Euclid MAX provides incredible oxygen permeability, lens stability, and wettability, which adds a layer of comfort, safety, and satisfaction to my Ortho-K practice,”
says David Kading, OD, FAAO, of Specialty Eyecare Group and an early access participant.
Euclid will host two live roundtable discussions focused on innovation with today’s top Ortho-K practitioners. “Shifting the Paradigm: Maximize Performance with the Next Generation of Ortho-K Lenses” will be held on Wednesday, May 19, and Thursday, May 20. For more details and to register for either or both sessions, click here.
To learn more about Euclid MAX and Euclid’s contribution to the battle against myopia, visit www.euclidsys.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Holden BA, Fricke TR, Wilson DA, et al. Global Prevalence of Myopia and High Myopia and Temporal Trends from 2000 through 2050. Ophthalmology. May 2016;123(5):1036–1042.
2. “Myopia Occurring Earlier: Specialist,” China Daily. June 7, 2018.
3. Younan C, Mitchell P, Cumming RG, Rochtchina E, Wang JJ. Myopia and incident cataract and cataract surgery: the BlueMountains eye study. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science. 2002;43:3625-32.
4. Mitchell P, Hourihan F, Sandbach J, Wang JJ. The relationship between glaucoma and myopia: the Blue Mountains Eye Study. Ophthalmology. 1999;106:2010-5.
5. Group TEDC-CS. Risk factors for idiopathic rhegmatogenous retinal detachment. The Eye Disease Case-Control Study Group. American Journal of Epidemiology. 1993;137:749-57.
6. Data on file. Euclid Systems Corporation.
Get the latest in Myopia Management and Advanced Orthokeratology News!
Sign Up Today!